As you will soon discover, I am a little obsessed...
I would say I am definitely nesting.
I think about Little Man Burton's nursery
ALL DAY LONG!
It is perfect in my head, let me tell you!
It all started when I looked over at a blanket I had bought at TJMaxx for my front room. A fuzzy, soft, white and olive green chevron throw.
Instantly I decided navy blue, olive green, and white (w/ chocolate brown wood) would be the color scheme. Then we (yes, Jake's only real input on the room) decided not to have a real "theme" I guess.
No set plan (a.k.a. owls, jungle animals, sports, cars, puppies etc).
I fell in love with chevron, like a lot of people lately, and have ended up having the main "theme" for the room be the main colors (navy blue, oliv-ish greens, and white) and have added accents of orange and gray.
Also stuck with the chevron and other geometric patterns.
(you will see below... might be giving the Little Man some sensory overload).
Then I found a cute framed silhouette idea on Pinterest...
once again can use chevron scrapbook paper.
Showed Jake and he told me no animals (ie, cute giraffes and elephants).
SO... we kind of went with what "Jake the Little Man's Old Man" does best...
play and tinker in the garage theme... i guess :)
Framed silhouettes of multiple things are somehow going to be incorporated.
(Snowmobile, screw drivers, cars, hiking, mountain biking, soccer, hunting....
the list goes on and on and on).
Below are some pics of the bedding!
My awesome friends Meagan, Nicole, and Sheila helped me pick out/coordinate all of the fabric for the crib bumpers... in which Meagan is also sewing for me!
So excited!
She has her work cute out for her though!
CANNOT WAIT TO POST A FINISHED PRODUCT PICTURE!
I bought the crib sheet, crib skirt, and changing pad cover.
And, of course, that olive green chevron blanket is now officially Little Man's!
| Crib Sheet: Gray Chevron |
![]() |
| Changing Table Pad: Navy Chevron |
![]() |
| Crib Skirt: Navy Chevron |
| Fabrics in bumper |
| More fabrics also in bumper |
| Full shot of fabrics. Note: Green Chevron included, of course. |
Jake bought me a chocolate brown dresser/changing table and I have acquired an old tool box which I plan to paint orange. One of my book cases will also be painted olive green and I have fabric (not pictured) for the backing.
~N
~N


No comments:
Post a Comment